Author Topic: Update Dec 1 6:10 PM EST  (Read 4830 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Update Dec 1 6:10 PM EST
« on: December 01, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
Update at 6:10 PM EST

Sorry for the delay in replying. I deleted my cookies and lost access to this board :)

Data is still importing.
Profiles that were on the bad server have been imported, and you should be able to access your boards now while logged in. You will need to delete your cookies and clear your cache, however and log in from a page other than yuku.com (-> -> Yuku home page) For the time being, log in at your board and don't navigate to any other yuku pages. As long as you stay at one board, you should be good until it is fixed further.
This is only for profiles that have been seeing white pages.

The only thin down at the moment is C17, and the Yuku home page is were on the bad profile server.
Slowness to profiles that were on the bad server is expected until the end of the import.

I should be able to give an ETA on the transfers in a couple hours.

Thank you all for your patience, I know it's been nerve-wrecking to many.

We're getting closer.

============================

Update at 7:45 AM EST

We are still testing on the new servers and have found a few glitches that are being sorted out. Overall, things are looking good, however.

At this time, I am pretty sure that we will have to go in overtime = the network will be down longer than we first anticipated. There is still data transferring. Turning the network on prematurely would not just present a huge risk of damage, you would also have a real hard time navigating some boards.

At this time, most boards will still be up, but do expect total downtime coming.

=======================================

Good very early morning from New York :)

I wanted to give a real quick update.

We are currently testing on the new servers. All is progressing as expected. I don't have much time to post, as every minute is precious right now, but I wanted to keep you informed.

I can see and use my profile for the first time in days, so anyone who had issues with their profile should be good once we're up on the new servers. Please note that this is on the new servers, you will still have issues on the old until we switch you over in a few hours.

The boards on C17, which were down yesterday, look fine.  Same here, I am on the new servers, you will not see your board yet until you're switched over to the new.

So far I have found no issues with speed, the boards are loading fast.

Whenever I can, I will post a quick update here.

Support: I expect to run behind in replying to support tickets and emails. I need to make a choice between testing and replying to support requests, and at this time, testing is extremely important. Don't worry, all tickets and emails will be replied to as soon as I can, but likely not as quickly as usual.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:46:31 PM by Chris »

ThePhoenix61

• View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 11:12:13 AM »
Thank you Chris. :)

Shoebutton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
Partial quote:  The boards on C17, which were down yesterday, look fine.
So far I have found no issues, the boards are loading fast.

Ummm, ChrisW, the boards look fine in testing or?  The reason why I ask is because I can not get into my community yet.  No log in page, just a white out screen at 7 am est.

http://shoebuttonsplace.yuku.com/directory

Also another community I am a member of

http://bamacreations.yuku.com/directory

Fatal error: Table 'account.identity_data' doesn't exist SELECT DISTINCT abu.identity_id, abu.box_id, id.name, id.user_domain FROM access_boxUsers abu INNER JOIN access_domainUsers adu ON (adu.identity_id = abu.identity_id) INNER JOIN account.identity_data id ON (id.identity_id = abu.identity_id) INNER JOIN box_data bd ON (bd.id = abu.box_id) WHERE abu.level='4' AND abu.deleted='0' AND bd.status='0' AND adu.status='0' and adu.deleted='0' and adu.user_type_id='11' in /cg_sites/yuku.com/htdocs/modules/error/error.mod on line 285

Shoebutton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 12:05:38 PM »
By the way, Support is still down too

http://yukusupport.yuku.com/

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:17:01 PM »

Ummm, ChrisW, the boards look fine in testing or?  The reason why I ask is because I can not get into my community yet.  No log in page, just a white out screen at 7 am est.

Just to be clear, I am on our test server, not on the old Yuku servers. I see the boards and profiles like they will be once the servers come back up and we're in the new location.

Also, we did find some issues, our team is working on them.

LewisNixon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »
Thanks Chris, we are looking forward to the new hardware getting going. Very much appreciate the updates you give.

the bull59

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 12:35:31 PM »
^5 Chris.  Thanks for all your updates.  ;D
 8)

Shoebutton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 12:43:13 PM »

T

Just to be clear, I am on our test server, not on the old Yuku servers. I see the boards and profiles like they will be once the servers come back up and we're in the new location.

Also, we did find some issues, our team is working on them.

Thank you, ChrisW!  I also see a post from Phoenix that it will be at least 5 or 6 more hours.  I appreciate YOUR reply.  You are the best.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 12:51:17 PM »
I just updated the lead post here. It will be more than 5 or 6 hours, for sure. As soon as I have an approximate ETA, I'll post an update in this topic here :)

ThePhoenix61

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:53:36 PM »
I just updated the lead post here. It will be more than 5 or 6 hours, for sure. As soon as I have an approximate ETA, I'll post an update in this topic here :)

Thank you Chris!

That's why it's called an estimate :)

The Goatee King

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
I can see my board's main page and forums, can't login nor view any topics at this time over at jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com

ThePhoenix61

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 01:11:08 PM »
I can see my board's main page and forums, can't login nor view any topics at this time over at jefffsbeardboard.yuku.com

Check the lead post update at 7:45 am.

We haven't been given the green light that the boards are ready on the new servers yet.
Until that happens we aren't going to be able to do anything with them.

sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
Chris,

Thank you for the update and for the many sleepless hours,
and the endless patience. 

Sarah
The Peaceful Pub

Shoebutton

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »

Thank you ChrisW! I sure hope Santa is good to you this year.  You and ALL those involved deserve it.

Snowy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 01:57:58 PM »
At this time, most boards will still be up, but do expect total downtime coming

When will
http://mycountryhome.yuku.com/
be up? If memory serves, (I'm not sure) I think my board is C17
I still have much to do getting my Christmas theme ready.

Snowy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:04:21 PM by Snowy »