Author Topic: Server moves. Updates  (Read 3259 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Server moves. Updates
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:06:25 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am going to give updates here, as we are experiencing some expected glitches during this move to our new servers.

Currently, backups are being made of the profile servers. If you are signed in, there is a good chance that you will experience white pages. You will be able to access the boards while signed out, however.

C17 is under maintenance. The Yuku support board is on C17, so you will not be able to access it at the moment.

C20: C20 is up, but again, if you are signed in, you might not be able to access the boards. As a sidenote, C20 will get a different name once the moves are completed.

Reminder: All networks will be down completely for approximately 12 hours, starting at 10:00 PM PST on Wednesday, November 30th.

Check back soon, I will give updates here throughout the next couple of days.

GremlinettesMom

• View Profile
Re: Server moves. Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:14:47 AM »
Thank you dear Chris, I'm happy you're going to be here to keep us updated.  You're the bestest.

ThePhoenix61

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 01:27:07 AM »
Thank you Chris :)

QuillnparchementPI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:34:58 AM »
Thank you for keeping us informed, as always!!

Mrs. Peavey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 01:45:30 AM »
Thanks you Chris!  I look forward to the updates.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »
Count on it, I'll be posting every update here that comes in :)

aliceinwonderliddle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:57:09 AM »
In the future could you give us a heads up via Global Announcements or at least Admin email?  We used to be informed in advance. I've had trouble for days, I wondered if Yuku went out of business.
Thanks.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 02:05:02 AM »
In the future could you give us a heads up via Global Announcements or at least Admin email?  We used to be informed in advance. I've had trouble for days, I wondered if Yuku went out of business.
Thanks.

We've had a global announcement up. Has it not been showing on your board? What is your link please?

OpalGirl10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 02:41:05 AM »
Well, I should have read this post first instead of going chronologically.

Yep, my C17 board is white paging. 

Thanks Chris :)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 02:48:00 AM »
Still a blizzard, I'll see if I can get an ETA, sit tight.

VPNST

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 03:53:15 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am going to give updates here, as we are experiencing some expected glitches during this move to our new servers.

Currently, backups are being made of the profile servers. If you are signed in, there is a good chance that you will experience white pages. You will be able to access the boards while signed out, however.

C17 is under maintenance. The Yuku support board is on C17, so you will not be able to access it at the moment.

C20: C20 is up, but again, if you are signed in, you might not be able to access the boards. As a sidenote, C20 will get a different name once the moves are completed.

Reminder: All networks will be down completely for approximately 12 hours, starting at 10:00 PM PST on Wednesday, November 30th.

Check back soon, I will give updates here throughout the next couple of days.

Thanks for update!  Hope to keep board members informed.

OpalGirl10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 04:03:25 AM »
We have two boards (a leftover from the olden days when they were both run by different people) on different servers.  We've often talked about merging them and closing one.  But, when we have outages on one, the other comes in very handy for communicating to/from our members.  The second board doesn't get a lot of traffic these days, but once the main board goes down, our members check the other for a message from the Admins or to send us messages by leaving comments. 

lilbeau

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 04:19:25 AM »
I sure do appreciate this board.  I'd be lost without it.  At least I know what's going on.

Thank you, Chris!

QueenFoxy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 04:40:42 AM »
Thanks.

We've had a global announcement up. Has it not been showing on your board? What is your link please?

I saw that Global announcement on The Aerie Board (The Phoenix), but not on mine.  http://ourfantasycastle.yuku.com/.  I wondered why some would get it and some not.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:08 AM »
We have two boards (a leftover from the olden days when they were both run by different people) on different servers.  We've often talked about merging them and closing one.  But, when we have outages on one, the other comes in very handy for communicating to/from our members.  The second board doesn't get a lot of traffic these days, but once the main board goes down, our members check the other for a message from the Admins or to send us messages by leaving comments.

Both my boards are on the same server which happens to be C17

Good to have a backup board on a different server though! That said, depending on the location of your boards, they may end up on the same server after data migration. Let's remember to check that after we're all up and running and the glitches are sorted.